2019 EB5 & Uglobal Immigration Expo Los Angeles
You can find the video of the conference from this link.
- Phil Cohen: New insights on interpretations of the policy on redeployment
- Abteen Vaziri: Portfolio investment approach vs. single project approach
- Brad Stedem: Best practices EB-5 sponsors should follow
- Phil Cohen: Viability of making investments into public market vehicles as a redeployment strategy
- Abteen Vaziri: Retrogression as it relates to the age-out issue for countries such as China, Vietnam & India
- All: EB-5 Redeployment Program to address capital preservation while being compliant with regulatory requirement of “capital at risk”
- All: Managing timing of investor exits
- All: Best time for an NCE to start planning for a redeployment strategy
- Marko Issever is the Founder & CEO of America EB5 Visa. The firm’s mission is to connect international investors aiming to immigrate to the US with EB-5 issuers, typically real estate developers who use EB-5 as an alternate source of funding. He is also a Managing Director of Riverside Management Group where he is responsible for the firm’s EB-5 activities. Previously, he was a Managing Director at BNY Mellon leading the firm’s financial institutions derivative sales business globally. He is a graduate of Wharton at Penn as well as Bogazici & Robert College in Turkey.
- Phil Cohen is Vice President at Altytude Advisors and is an Investment Advisor Representative. He has been involved with EB-5 since 2010, initially as the founder of service provider Strategic Element, which participated in project teams raising over $3 billion in EB-5 capital. He is the lead author of the EB-5 Definitive Guide and a regular participant as a conference panelist and writer of articles in various industry publications. In 2017, he joined Glide Capital, a Registered Investment Advisor with $350 million under management, to form their Altytude Advisors division, which focuses on presenting Glide’s unique platform as a way to address redeployment to the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Brad Stedem is President and Partner of Capital United, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor with the SEC, where he advises clients on appropriate investment strategies, then analyzes and oversees all investments throughout their life cycle. He has extensive experience in every aspect of real estate development and finance. Mr. Stedem is also President of an affiliate company of Capital United, EB-5 United, LLC, which has raised over $440 million through the EB-5 program. Prior to Capital United, Mr. Stedem was a trusted consultant for BlackRock, Inc., the largest investment manager in the world. Previously, he was on the Executive Team of Pali-Group, a prolific Santa Monica-based real estate development firm concentrating on residential, mixed-use, and hospitality projects. Mr. Stedem received his BA from Boston College and his MBA from the Anderson School at UCLA.
- Abteen Vaziri is a Managing Director with Brevet, where Mr. Vaziri helps underwrite real estate hotel and multifamily projects and provides with the EB-5 financing of those projects. He has worked in all aspects of evaluating hotel assets, from evaluating investments in the hospitality, gaming, and lodging industries at two long/short equity hedge funds to analyzing the development of hotels and executing traditional and EB-5 hotel financing. Prior to Brevet, Mr. Vaziri was the Director of Greystone & Co EB-5 practice where he was responsible for over $44 million of EB-5 funds raised. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at the University of Texas at Dallas and an MBA in Finance from the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University. Mr. Vaziri also obtained a JD degree from Fordham University, School of Law with a concentration in Finance and Business Law.